Thursday, November 2, 2017

Join Me In An Adventure To My Favorite Local Record Shop: Crates Records and Gear!

My most favorite record shop is in Sunnyslope, AZ. We now go to the North Mountain side. It is an amazing little shop packed with HUGE things. It is called Crates Records and Gear and it is owned by two of the coolest cats I know, big shout out to Serg and Todd!!!! I was blessed to meet these guys from my partner in crime. I walked into the shop my first time and immediately fell in LOVE. I was greeted not by just a mere hello, but by a hug by both of the guys! I knew that I would love it here. The walls are lined with wooden crates (yes, real Crates) full of records! The center of the store is filled with wheeled, portable crates. The back of the shop has a fantastic DJ set up! There is a studio as well! And a barbershop!! What more can you ask for, I mean really?? So in a brief synopsis.... a lovely record shop, art from local artists, a barbershop, a recording studio, a DJ set up, they have a radio station called Crates Radio run on Spreaker.com and so much more!! I mean, I really cannot put it into words but I will show you in pictures! It has been an honor to be a part of this family. They are informative, honest, fair priced and carry literally something for everyone in this store. Recently my partner held a Pop Up Art show before the Podcast that they put on called Slope Style Saturdays and it was a success. This is another great aspect of the shop. They believe in and support the arts, especially local talent. Local DJ's such as DJ Twist1, DJ Leidiom, DJ Rosewax, DJ Siek von Doom, DJ Darrell D, Durokski and much more! Not too many places have this much to offer. Stickers, Adult Vinyl Collectibles, Art, Model Trains featuring local writers, Clothing, Hats, Record Players, a barber (SNIPZ), a recording studio, a DJ set up (on which they let people play the records that they want to purchase if they ask nicely) and way cool events too. Their grand opening featured live music, live DJ's, live art and a cookout! I mean really this is the best place to hang out and add to your collection and have a great time! I always find hidden gems within the crates! I have found The Warriors sound track, Prince, Send Me an Angel (from the movie RAD) and original 2Pac. I cannot begin to tell you how much fun this place is. You really need to come and find out for yourself, you will not be disappointed. Stop in and see them, meet the guys, dig for hours and have fun! You can find them on Instagram - cratesrecordsandgear and on Facebook and of course give them a listen on Spreaker.com under Crates Radio. You will find the shop at:
Crates Records and Gear
8841 N Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85020
Hours:
Closed Sundays and Mondays
Tuesday through Friday 9:30am to 8:00pm
Saturdays 9:30am to 6:00pm



4 comments:

darrell d said...

Super dope!!!! Crates is the place to be. Thanks for sharing!

durokism said...

Yassss 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

Tiannepitz said...

Heck yeah it is! Thanks for the support!! 🙏

Tiannepitz said...

✌Thanks!