Sunday, August 30, 2020

A Dog's Life, In Memory Of Bonkers

You came into our world 11/19/2006 from the County Animal Shelter with no idea of what your story was. You left our world 5/24/2020 in your living room with a story to leave behind.
I am healing from the pain of a loss that I never have felt in my life. A loss that rocked me to my core.
I am constantly reminded of you as I have social media memories that pop up daily. I have your ashes on my shelf and have one of your favorite babies on my shelf. Lovely people that you made friends with have created art and you even have a pin,a magnet and sticker now! You taught lessons, you created peace, you made us laugh and you made us cry.
I miss you more than words will ever be able to express but I am so full of love and great memories of you. A great friend of yours named Moes felt pressure to make a drawing of you that served your memory well. Chuck and James painted a mural of your beautiful face. Pedro has a Bonkers shelf. Bri wrote a lovely memory. Jason even made you into one of his famous uni cycles. You touched so many of us and we are eternally grateful for the gift of your friendship and undying love.
Thank you for being a wonderful friend, a healer, a comedian and for keeping us on our toes for all of the years that we had you. I am eternally grateful that I looked in your eyes all of those years ago and decided that you needed to be saved, you in turn saved me. I love you big dog....may you be eternally happy and digging holes, running free and munching on treats.
Thank you to everyone who has immortalized him in some way and who will contribute to the book that will be written (this is taking time since every time I write, I have to wipe away tears which is pretty hard to write seeing through those). I appreciate each and every one of you more than you know

4 comments:

Judy said...

I love it! Miss you Bonkers.
Gramma

Cflory said...

So touching. Lost our Beagle last year ��. Sounds like he was very loved and gave it right back. Hugs to you all.

darrell d said...

very touching. makes me miss my guys even more. i thank God every day for sending me my "friends".

Tiannepitz said...

thanks so much for reading and for your lovely words guys! i appreciate every one of you :) and yes darrell they are a true gift