Tuesday, January 9, 2018

An adventure at First Friday with my Art Crew at SNOH Ice Shavery

This post is about...shock...the ARTS! I cannot stress it to you enough how important the arts are in our community. The art classes in schools are being fazed out and made smaller and less important. Art is the most powerful form of self expression, it can heal us, harm us, frighten us, lift us up and so much more! I myself am a writer and I love to draw. This has helped me to find a voice within myself that was hiding. This has also helped me to find strength that I never knew that I had. I have faced fears, expressed myself and healed myself from it.
This past Friday, I had the pleasure of supporting and hanging out with some amazing artists. The gathering was in downtown Phoenix at SNOH Ice Shavery for the monthly First Friday event. SNOH Ice Shavery has been a great supporter of local businesses, local artists, local chefs, musicians and so much more! Ireally love the vibe there as it is a positive environment, family friendly, upbeat and lively place to be. It does not hurt that they offer BOMB desserts and Boba and Tea and more desserts.
In attendance at the event this month I accompanied my friends and fantastic local talent to keep the art scene alive in Phoenix. My friend Durokski set up the line up and it was fantastic! Durok had graffiti art, canvas art and photos. My friends Siek, Julio and Mario aka 3S were set up with T shirts, Original Artwork and stickers that feature original artwork. My friend Ray aka Primo Craftworks was set up with his custom handmade canvases. Just a little background information on the artists that I just named. Durok is an amazing DJ, blogwriter and artist and all around talented, approachable guy. Rey is from South Phoenix and his canvases are affordable and great quality. Siek, Julio and Mario are from South Phoenix as well and all have amazing talent. The best thing about these guys is that they believe in community, quality craftsmanship, giving back and supporting each other and others to be the best that they can be.
Also as I meandered around the event I met some amazing local artists that I had previously only seen around town but had never had the pleasure of meeting. I purchased a shirt from Imagine Thread Co which was designed by local artist ark9one, and it is HOT! It is Pennywise the clown, so dope! Ark9One was painting live and what a production indeed. Chuck the Rippa painted live and did a great rendition of Cuphead. Local artist Enuf was also painting live. LetterJunkies was set up with stickers, apparel and more! And wow...the lettering is phenomenal! There were food vendors and one was serving up some awesome Elote in a cup, the best I have had in forever! Also, had to get the hook up with Thai Tea and Boba from Snoh, best stuff around!
Now that I have filled you in on all the great talent, I just want to touch a little bit more on how important it is to support our local artists. They are family, friends, members of our community, neighbors and people from all over our great city of Phoenix. I wholeheartedly support my local artists. They have provided me with not only great artwork to fill my home but they have become some of my most dear friends.
All of the above mentioned can be found on social media such as Instagram and Facebook. siek_von_doom, durokism, _mario_3s, primocraftworks, letterjunkies, ark9one, imaginethreadco, snohiceshavery. Check them out, if you see something you like let them know. Support local everything!! Peace out my fine people!

2 comments:

durokism said...

Super Dope Tianne! You should set up shop next month 😊

Bri Bunny said...

It was a fun night! And SNOH was awesome!