Tuesday, September 5, 2017


This weeks entry is regarding fear. I have lived in fear for a large chunk of my life.... both real and imagined. I have let fear drive me away from my passion and pursuing growth and change. Who out there can relate to this? We all at one point or another have experienced the familiar ting in the pit of our stomach that crept up and shook some of us to the core...at least for me it has.
So in regards to my fears. Until most recently (within 6 years) I wrote my heart and soul and hid it from the world...hid it from myself. I was afraid to come forward and let the transparency happen.I was so terrified that someone would read my writings and judge me, throw it in my face, use it against me, laugh at it, shrug it off as nonsense. Now, I am sure that I am not the only one who has been gripped with this. What I started to do was share it with friends, family, my children. It then led to social media outlets. It progressed to pop up art shows. I have experienced the standard outlets...all except one. My soul shattering fear of standing before my peers and reading one out loud. Takes me back to school daze when I was so uncertain of myself, uncertain of my voice. So, this week I had a lovely invitation from my friend (and supporter) Angelica who gave me an outlet on live radio to recite one of my poems. It was so amazing! What a full circle of emotions! I experienced a high like none other. Fear, excitement, giddiness and so much more! It was a great moment for me to be able to speak my prose out loud. All while being silently cheered on by my daughter, my friend and my friend Franco who without him none of this would be possible. Shout out to KDIF.org, 102.9 FM South Phoenix, Arizona! Amazing organization, amazing people. I am humbled and full of gratitude.
This now leads up to my next forum again thanks to Franco and a whole slew of other great and inspiring people who have put together a pop up community event that will feature a magnitude of talent. I am proud to say that I have been honored to be a part of helping to organize this event which will bring great positive influence to the community of South Phoenix. Featured at this event will be Live art, Live music, Dj's, BBoys, Food trucks, Car clubs, an Open Mic, vendors selling DIY goodies (no store bought stuff here) and so much more! It is a wonderful vision that has now been brought to a reality to bring a positive look into a wonderful community. Shout out to South Phoenix!! Much love to KDIF.org, Rosewax Vinyl Club and all of the amazing
ly talented people who are supporting others and giving them a forum to rise themselves up and become empowered and bring positive light to the community! Come by and let us bond together as a community and promote the positive! Thanks for reading!

P.S. The event is called Fresh Friday and will take place on Friday, September 8th 2017. It starts at 6pm through midnight. Where you ask? Here ya go:
Sierra Vista Community School
6401 S 16th Street
Phoenix, Az 85042

2 comments:

Judy said...

Very proud of you for facing the fears and kicking its butt!

Anonymous said...

Growth is a beautiful thing my friend and you're doing it!! Awsome! You have def inspired me through out the years and continue to do so. I'm glad you've come out for the world to see and have found happiness at last. ������ Michelle